Donald Sterling Bitter To The End, Now Says He’s Going to Sue The NBA For $1B, Wife Goes On With Sale, Highlight Hollywood News

donald-shelly-sterling
Despite an agreement reached with former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer to buy the Clippers, Donald Sterling isn’t going quietly.  The embattled owner is planning to file a $1 billion lawsuit against the league, the attorney for Sterling told THR on Friday.  “A suit will be filed today seeking $1 billion in damages,” Blecher stated.
Hours earlier, Sterling’s wife, Rochelle, released a statement confirming the Ballmer purchase.
“I am delighted that we are selling the team to Steve, who will be a terrific owner,” Shelly Sterling said in a statement. “We have worked for 33 years to build the Clippers into a premiere NBA franchise. I am confident that Steve will take the team to new levels of success.”
NBA league spokesperson Mike Bass released a statement earlier on Friday. reiterating that the June 3 hearing will still take place.
“Commissioner Silver has consistently said the preferred outcome to the Clippers proceeding would be a voluntary sale of the team. Shelly Sterling advised the NBA last night that an agreement had been reached with Steve Ballmer, and the NBA Advisory/Finance Committee met via conference call this morning to discuss these developments. We await the submission of necessary documentation from Mrs. Sterling. In the meantime, the June 3 special meeting of the NBA Board of Governors remains as scheduled.”
Written By: Tommy Lightfoot Garrett
Photographs are Courtesy:  AP
Follow us on Twitter @HighlightHwd or @LightfootinHwd