After Investigation, Neil deGrasse Tyson Cleared to Return to TV by Fox, Nat Geo

neil_degrasse_tyson_cosmos-publicity-h_2019

Neil deGrasse Tyson will be back on TV soon after National Geographic and Fox have concluded an investigation into allegations of inappropriate conduct against him.neil_planets12b_dj1

The astrophysicist’s science-focused talk show, StarTalk, will return to Nat Geo in April; it had been off the air since November while the investigation was conducted. Cosmos: Possible Worlds, a follow-up to 2014’s Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey, will also air on Fox and Nat Geo, though a date hasn’t been set.

 

“The investigation is complete, and we are moving forward with both StarTalk and Cosmos,” Fox and Nat Geo said in a statement. “StarTalk will return to the air with the remaining 13 episodes in April on National Geographic, and both Fox and National Geographic are committed to finding an air date for Cosmos. There will be no further comment.”

Fox had slated Cosmos to premiere March 3 but pulled it from the schedule as the investigation continued. Three women have accused Tyson of sexual misconduct.

 

In an article on Patheos published in November, Dr. Katelyn Allers and Ashley Watson, claimed Tyson acted inappropriately toward him. In what she described as “creepy behavior,” Allers, a professor of of physics and astronomy at Bucknell University, said Tyson groped her at a 2009 meeting of the American Astronomical Society.

 

Watson, who worked as Tyson’s assistant, said she quit her job after Tyson tried to convince her to have sex with him and made other inappropriate comments. The allegations followed a 2014 accusation against Tyson by a former classmate at the University of Texas, who said he raped her in the 1980s.

 

Tyson denied the allegations.

Written By: Tommy Lightfoot Garrett
Photographs are Courtesy:  Fox
Follow us on Twitter @HighlightHwd or @LightfootinHwd