Opera Union Launches New Placido Domingo Sexual Harassment Probe As More Women Come Forward

placido-domingo-live-1

The union that represents opera performers said Sunday it is launching its own investigation into sexual harassment allegations against opera legend Placido Domingo.

skynews-placido-domingo_4744147

The announcement comes just days after 11 more women accuse the 78-year-old tenor.

 

 

The American Guild of Musical Artists said it’s taking matters into its own hands because it doesn’t trust that individual opera companies can do enough to probe the claims.

 

“Given the uncertainty surrounding the investigations of our signatory companies, AGMA’s internal investigation will not be limited to conduct that occurred at a specific company or at a particular time,” the union’s executive director, Len Egert, said in a statement.

 

He said the union probe will also “examine the systemic failures within the industry.”

 

The new accusers surfaced last week, one month after eight other women came forward and claimed the multiple Grammy-Award-winner had engaged in decades of inappropriate conduct which one victim said was a “well-known secret” in the music world.

Written By: Tommy Lightfoot Garrett
Photographs are Courtesy:  AP
Follow us on Twitter @HighlightHwd or @LightfootinHwd