Mon. Aug 3rd, 2020

Patriots Cut Antonio Brown After He Sent Threatening Text Messages To A Second Alleged Rape Victim

The Patriots cut wide receiver Antonio Brown after he played just one game for them. A civil lawsuit accusing Brown of rape wasn’t enough for them to cut the receiver, but Thursday’s news that he sent threatening texts to another accuser apparently was.

 694940094001_6084358783001_6084359484001-vs

Bill Belichick stormed out of a press conference after just seven questions earlier Friday, irritated that every question was about Brown.

“We appreciate the hard work of many people over the past 11 days, but we feel that it is best to move in a different direction at this time,” the Patriots said in a statement.

Brown signed with the Patriots before the lawsuit accusing of him rape was filed. He played against the Dolphins in Week 2, catching four passes and a touchdown.

Earlier this week, Sports Illustrated reported an artist’s account of Brown sexually harassing her. On Wednesday night, Brown texted the artist photos of her children and said he’d “look into her background history” — clear attempts at intimidation.

The NFL is investigating both sets of accusations against Brown, but the Patriots may have been his last chance in the league.

 

Written By: Tommy Lightfoot Garrett
Photographs are Courtesy:  AP
Follow us on Twitter @HighlightHwd or @LightfootinHwd