The most prestigious online art competition, AMERICAN ART AWARDS, decided by the 25 Best Galleries & Museums in America, had accomplished painters, photographers, digital artists and sculptors enter online images this year from 63 countries:
Afghanistan, Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Belarus, Botswana, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Croatia, Denmark, El Salvador, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Haiti, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Myanmar, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Republic Of Korea, Romania, Russia, South Korea, Serbia, Spain, South Africa, South Korea, Sweden, Taiwan, Uganda, UK, Ukraine, USA, Venezuela, Zimbabwe.
Highlight Hollywood is pleased to bring you the world’s best contemporary artists of 2019, one category at a time. We also tribute the 1st Place winners with a photo and bio.
There were innumerable beautifully executed works entered this year – and America’s top 25 galleries and museums had a hard time selecting winners. Many wonderful pieces did not get enough votes to take 1st to 6th Place, but all the featured works shown in this article received high praise and high marks to triumph. Congratulations to all these artists for scoring above the stiff competition.
This is the 11th anniversary for the international awards organization which decides the 25 Best Galleries and Museums in America, who decide the World’s Best Contemporary Artists. Gallery decisions are based upon years established, industry reputation, online buzz, location, size, socially relevant exhibits, motivational and educational programs, represented artists as well as artist, client and visitor references.
1st Place winner bio on ARUNAS VILKEVIČIUS:
Watercolour was not a medium I felt comfortable using. I felt it was too unpredictable and I wasn’t ready to face the challenges it would bring. For 30 years, I focused on creating and making unique pieces of furniture and décor elements. Painting was just something I did on the side. Life is a funny old thing. I do believe things happen for a reason! Certain events happened in my life and I stopped and listened to my intuition. This is when I discovered watercolour which I felt so challenged by in the past.
I decided to undertake these challenges, face my fears head on and explore the endless possibilities whilst at the same time, learning how to master this medium. Watercolour has very little room for errors but it also has no boundaries for lightness and self-expression!
Since discovering watercolour and falling in love with this medium, I believe this is the beginning of my new life’s path filled with passion and purpose. I have a burning desire to learn and experiment. I am so blessed to walk the path where perfection doesn’t exist ….
1. Personal solo exhibition in Vilnius, Gallery Skizze — March 2017
2. 2018 GAWA International Watercolour Online Contest — Special Recognition’ award with “Luna”
3. 2018 American Art Awards: Category 3 Watercolour Human Nature — 4th place with “Rita”and 6th place with “Melka”. Category 35 Realism Landscapes — 3rd place with “Water Stones”
4. ABU RAWASH PRIZE 2nd International Watercolour Contest 2018 — Appreciation award with “Water Stones”
5. Fabriano in Acquarello 2019 participant selected for Itinerant exhibition with “Autumn symphony”
6. GAWA Annual International Watercolour Online Contest — 2019 — winning ‘Among Best 50’ e-certificate award — “Bali…the Moment of Joy…”
7. The 1st International Watercolour Exhibition and Festival IWS Finland 2019 — The Second Excellent Work Award — “Water Stones”
8. Jumbish International Online Horse Art Competition 2019 — Grand Winner with “Aristocrat” and Jumbish International Love Art Competition 2019 Grand winner with “Eternal Love Of Sisterhood”
9. 14th International ARC Salon Competition — Finalist in Imaginative Realism Category with “Rasa…The Moment…”
10.1st International watercolour online contest IWS Sare gallery Moscow– Bronze medal winner with “Whispers Of Spring”
11.V International New Techniques, Concepts and Developments in Watercolor Biennial 2019 in Caudete (Spain) — “Bali…the Moment of Joy…”
12. ABU RAWASH PRIZE 3rd International Watercolour Contest 2019 — Appreciation award with “Bali…the Moment of Joy…”
President of the AMERICAN ART AWARDS is fine artist and 10X author Thom Bierdz, known globally since 1986 for playing Phillip Chancellor III on The Young and the Restless. Bierdz is set to co-host an upcoming 50 videos revealing the hundreds of stunning winning artworks of the 2019 AMERICAN ART AWARDS.
THIS LINK HAS SUBMISSION INFORMATION AND WILL HAVE OVER 100 ARTICLES AND 50 VIDEOS ON ALL 50 CATEGORIES OF 2019 AMERICAN ART AWARDS WINNING ARTISTS: https://www.americanartawards.com/press-on-2019-artists/
$7,000 in prizes to be awarded in the 2020 contest.
You can follow us on social media at www.twitter.com/HighlightHwd or on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Highlight-Hollywood/193119760769011, and now on Google+ at: https://plus.google.com/+TommyLightfootGarrett90211/about
Written By: Tommy Lightfoot Garrett
Photographs are Courtesy: AAA
Follow us on Twitter @HighlightHwd or @LightfootinHwd