BIO OF 1ST PLACE WINNER YIZHOU ZHANG: Zhang Yizhou was born in 1976 in Hangzhou, China. After receiving her Bachelor’s degree from the department of Oil Painting at the China Academy of Art, she received her Master’s degree from Professor Xu Mangyao, a renowned contemporary artist. She currently acts as associate professor, teaching postgraduates at the Shanghai Normal University. Her oil, pastel and watercolor paintings has been featured in many Chinese exhibitions and are being collected by the NAMOC, various institutions and private collectors. In 2015, the China Federation Publishing House issued a personal artwork collection of Zhang Yizhou.
● Invitation to an art study exchange in Paris for 3 month. The results were exhibited in September 2006 in “European Impression” in Cité Internationale des Arts.
● The oil painting “Xiao Liu’s Scenery” was selected by the Chinese Oil Painting Society for the national contemporary realistic oil painting postgraduate’s exhibition “Spirit and Character”)
● Oil painting (“Xiao Liu’s scenery”) was added to the collection of NAMOC
● Oil painting “The Temple of Music” (also known as “Conductor Tang Muhai”) was selected for “Creative city.The London 2012 Art Exhibition”, the “2012 Olympic Festival” in London and has been exhibited in the “Barbican Arts Center”and Beijing “Water Cube”
● Oil painting “Choi Kakawai” and pastel painting “Buddhist disciples” were selected for the “Good Art” exhibition for the 20th anniversary of Sino-Ukrainian female artists exhibition
● Pastel painting “Wise Man” and “Reciting History Series — Mirror” were selected for the 30 years anniversary of the “Shanghai International Pastel Painting Exhibition”
● Pastel painting “Wise Man” won the Merit Award of of the 39th “American Realistic Painting and Sculpture Grand Prix” and was exhibited in Manhattan, New York
● Pastel painting “Buddhist Disciples” and “Wise Man” won the “UNISON”Award of the 4thh “Spanish International Toner Painting Biennale” .
YIZHOU ZHANG Works in collection:
● Oil painting “Xiao Liu’s Scenery” in Chinese art Museum Collection
● Oil painting “The Temple of Music” in China Olympic Art Center Collection
● Oil painting “Montmartre Girl” in Shanghai Gang Tai Art Museum Collection
● Oil painting “One Inch Mountain River One Inch Blood” in Shanghai Battle Memorial Museum Collection
● Oil paintings “Cheer for Victory”, “Blue Secluded Dream” in Shanghai Cultural Plaza Collection