Highlight Hollywood is pleased to bring you the world’s best contemporary artists, one AMERICAN ART AWARDS category at a time. We also tribute the 1st Place winners with a photo and bio.
This prestigious online art competition is decided by the 25 Best Galleries & Museums in America, who had accomplished painters, photographers, digital artists and sculptors enter online images in 2019 from 63 countries:
Afghanistan, Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Belarus, Botswana, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Croatia, Denmark, El Salvador, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Haiti, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Myanmar, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Republic Of Korea, Romania, Russia, South Korea, Serbia, Spain, South Africa, South Korea, Sweden, Taiwan, Uganda, UK, Ukraine, USA, Venezuela, Zimbabwe.
There were innumerable beautifully executed works entered this year – and America’s top 25 galleries and museums had a hard time selecting winners. Many brilliant pieces did not get enough votes to take 1st to 6th Place, but all the featured works shown in this article received high praise and high marks to triumph. Congratulations to all these artists for scoring above the stiff competition.
President of the AMERICAN ART AWARDS is fine artist and 10X author Thom Bierdz, known globally since 1986 for playing Phillip Chancellor III on The Young and the Restless. Bierdz hosts the 100 minute movie revealing the hundreds of stunning winning artworks of the 2019 AMERICAN ART AWARDS below.
This is the 11th anniversary for the international awards organization which decides the 25 Best Galleries and Museums in America, who decide the World’s Best Contemporary Artists. Gallery decisions are based upon years established, industry reputation, online buzz, location, size, socially relevant exhibits, motivational and educational programs, represented artists as well as artist, client and visitor references.
BIO OF 1ST PLACE WINNER ARŪNAS VILKEVIČIUS (also won 1st Place in WATERCOLOR, CATEGORY 3): Watercolour was not a medium I felt comfortable using. I felt it was too unpredictable and I wasn’t ready to face the challenges it would bring. For 30 years, I focused on creating and making unique pieces of furniture and décor elements.
ARŪNAS VILKEVIČIUS achievements:
1. Personal solo exhibition in Vilnius, Gallery Skizze — March 2017
2. 2018 GAWA International Watercolour Online Contest — Special Recognition’ award with “Luna”, watercolour on paper 42 x 28 cm
3. 2018 American Art Awards: Category 3 Watercolour Human Nature — 4th place with “Rita”, watercolour on paper 51 x 30 cm and 6th place with “Melka”, watercolour on paper 53 x 33 cm. Category 35 Realism Landscapes — 3rd place with “Water stones”, watercolour on paper 66 x 43 cm
4. ABU RAWASH PRIZE 2nd International Watercolour Contest 2018 — Appreciation award with “Water stones”, watercolour on paper 66 x 43 cm
5. Fabriano in Acquarello 2019 participant selected for Itinerant exhibition with “Autumn symphony”, watercolour on paper 56 x 38 cm
6. GAWA Annual International Watercolour Online Contest — 2019 — winning ‘Among Best 50’ e-certificate award — “Bali…the Moment of Joy…”, watercolour on paper 56 cmx 38 cm
7. The 1st International Watercolour Exhibition and Festival IWS Finland 2019 — The Second Excellent Work Award — “Water stones” watercolour on paper 66 x 43 cm
8. Jumbish International Online Horse Art Competition 2019 — Grand Winner with “Aristocrat”, watercolour on paper 40 x 40 cm and Jumbish International Love Art Competition 2019 Grand winner with “Eternal love of sisterhood”, watercolour on paper 65 x 48 cm
9. 14th International ARC Salon Competition — Finalist in Imaginative Realism Category with “Rasa…The Moment…”, watercolour on paper, 31 x 48 cm
10.1st International watercolour online contest IWS Sare gallery Moscow– Bronze medal winner with “Whispers of spring” 26 x 33 cm
11.V International New Techniques, Concepts and Developments in Watercolor Biennial 2019 in Caudete (Spain) — “Bali…the Moment of Joy…”, watercolour on paper 56 cmx 38 cm
12. ABU RAWASH PRIZE 3rd International Watercolour Contest 2019 — Appreciation award with “Bali…the Moment of Joy…”, watercolour on paper 56 cmx 38 cm.
Artists can enter at this link: https://www.americanartawards.com/press-on-2019-artists/
You can follow us on social media at www.twitter.com/HighlightHwd or on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Highlight-Hollywood/193119760769011
Written By: Tommy Lightfoot Garrett
Photographs are Courtesy: AAA
Follow us on Twitter @HighlightHwd or @LightfootinHwd