Thu. Sep 24th, 2020

Conor McGregor Detained, Accused Of Sexual Assault While On Vacation In Frances

romantic vacation in the south of France ended with a jolt last week when Irish mixed martial arts legend Conor McGregor was taken into police custody and questioned in Corsica on allegations of attempted sexual assault and indecent exposure, prosecutors said Saturday.

McGregor, 32, was arrested on Thursday after a complaint was filed earlier that day, according to the French newspaper Le Monde.

He is denying the allegations — the details of which have not been released — and had not been charged as of late Saturday.

The fighter’s French lawyer, Emmanuelle Ramon, called the complaint against McGregor “abusive.”

But authorities in Corsica contend it is the former two-division UFC champion who they believe was abusive.

“Following a complaint filed on September 10 denouncing acts that could be described as attempted sexual assault and sexual exhibition, Mr. Conor Anthony Mac Gregor was the subject of a hearing by the gendarmerie services,” prosecutors said in a press statement.

McGregor, whose nickname is “Notorious,” immediately denied the charges, and a spokesman said he was detained and released.

“Conor McGregor vigorously denies any accusations of misconduct,” the spokesman said.

His manager, Audie Attar added: “I am irate and putting out a warning loud and clear: Conor McGregor is not and will not be a target for those seeking to score a headline or a payday.”

It is unclear precisely how long McGregor was in custody.

But by Friday morning he was back on Twitter, posting photos of the breakfast he was enjoying on his yacht and complaining about a visit he’d received there from the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency.

You can follow us on social media at www.twitter.com/HighlightHwd and at Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Highlight-Hollywood-106496451085468/

Written By: Tommy Lightfoot Garrett

Photographs are Courtesy: AP

Follow us on Twitter @HighlightHwd or @LightfootinHwd